What We Do
Institutional Support Services (ISS) is a UNM administrative division that has a direct impact on student success. The entire campus community relies on a variety of ISS departments to provide a beautiful, functional, and culturally rich environment for learning, research, and collaboration. From course materials and supplies to clean, efficient campus facilities, all ISS departments exist to support the UNM mission and vision.
ISS Services that Impact You
- Ensure that course materials are correct and in-stock, while providing cost-saving options such as used books, rentals, and e-book alternatives through UNM Bookstores.
- Provide event support through the rental of tables, chairs, tents, and stages from our Facilities Management (FM).
- Host tournaments and events at UNM Championship and North Golf Courses.
- Check out books from the library, buy lunch, and access UNM's facilities and services with the official UNM LoboCard.
- Facilitate non-traditional real estate development by way of collaborative and innovate approaches through Lobo Development Corporation.
- Promote energy conservation and programs that help reduce the university’s overall energy use while fostering a sense of environmental stewardship through Lobo Energy Incorporated.
- Broadcast to nearly 700,000 households each week on New Mexico In Focus through New Mexico PBS public television.
- Provide a safe and efficient shuttle system for the campus community through Parking & Transportation Services (PATS).
- Maintain every aspect of the built environment on campus through Planning, Design, and Construction (PDC).
- Host the best touring performance artists at Popejoy Hall.
- Lease university facilities to outside entities and lease off-campus space for university departments and/or activities through our Real Estate Department.
- Provide affordable and contemporary residence halls for students through Residence Life & Student Housing (RLSH).
- Manage ticket sales for over a dozen venues at UNM and across the Albuquerque area through Ticketing Services.
- Provide a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for social gatherings and meetings at the University Club.
- Work with UNM’s contracted food vendor to maintain the highest quality food and beverages on campus through UNM Food.
ISS Provides Solutions and Exceptional Customer Service
A service-based division, ISS finds the best solutions for the campus community and provides options in housing, transportation, entertainment, business needs, facilities management and more. We encourage our staff to take pride in their work and be committed to providing exceptional customer service. Each ISS department utilizes the newest technologies and best practices in their industries to enhance the customer experience. From finding alternative transportation options to selecting a great live show, ISS departments exist to provide solutions.