UNM Campus Experience
UNM Institutional Support Services | Updated 5.13.20
Work hard. Play. Refuel.
UNM operates much like its own kind of city—open 24 hours a day, with its own community, housing and restaurants, transportation system and parking services, bookstores and ID cards, golf courses and theaters...Experience it all.
As the lead division for housing, retail and hospitality at The University of New Mexico, UNM Institutional Support Services is pleased to provide information about the services we provide for students.
During summer orientation, we encourage students and parents to attend the webinars about our services to help guide you through your UNM Campus Experience. Here’s a short guide to making timely and important decisions about your UNM Campus Experience before the Fall semester begins.
We look forward to having you on campus!
UNM Freshmen Residency Requirement
Housing + Meal Plan
- UNM requires all first-time undergraduate students (not qualified for an exception) to live on UNM main campus for their first academic year and purchase a meal plan.
- Visit the Freshmen Residency Requirement (FRR) webpage to learn more about the variety of housing options that meet the FRR requirement - offered by UNM Residence Life & Student Housing, or our on-campus private partner housing, American Campus Communities (ACC). Visit food.unm.edu to review all available meal plan options and make your selection.
UNM Residence Life & Student Housing + American Campus Communities
- UNM Residence Life & Student Housing offers students a variety of types of buildings to live in, and each building has something different to offer. Take a virtual tour to find the right one for you! Connect with other residents by joining one of our 15 designated Living Learning Communities.
- American Campus Communities (ACC), UNM’s private housing partner, owns and manages two additional housing options for UNM students, both of which are approved options under the freshmen residency requirement. For more information, including floor plans, rates, applications, and amenities, please contact Casas del Rio or Lobo Village.
Unlimited Plans, Weekly Plans, + Dining Dollars
- Consider your eating habits, housing assignment and class schedule (the locations you will be near during the day) to determine the best plan for you.
- UNM requires that all first-year freshmen residing on campus (ACC’s Casas del Rio or UNM Housing on main campus) to purchase one of the Cherry or Lobo Meal Plan options.
- Visit food.unm.edu to review all available meal plan options and make your selection. Meal Plan charges will be posted to your bursar account and your selection will be active the first day housing is open.
- The deadline for Fall 2020 Semester meal plan changes is Tuesday, September 7th.
The official ID card for UNM
- Upload your ID Card Photo directly to the LoboCard website and acquaint yourself with the various card uses.
- Learn how to care for your card and report it lost or stolen.
- Consider adding funds to the LoboCash account, which is accessed through the ID Card. This account is especially important if you plan to make frequent purchases at our 48 venues accepting LoboCash, including the UNM Bookstore.
Parking Permits + Campus Shuttles
- There is no free parking at UNM.
- Students may purchase annual parking permits. Due to limited availability, permits are sold on a first come, first served basis. Please see our student parking page for more information and pricing.
- Most permits sell out quickly and you should plan to purchase your permit ASAP the day permit sales open for the zone you want:
- UNM Student Parking Permits Sales 2020-2021:
Course Materials, Computers, Tablets, UNM Apparel + More
- Find your course material list and course materials including textbooks, eBooks, and art supplies at the UNM Bookstore. Compare our prices with other online retailers directly from our Dare to Compare tool. Can’t find what you’re looking for? We can special order out of stock materials.
- Purchase your course materials tax-free when you present your valid Lobo ID at check out.
- Students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours have access to a $750 Bursar’s Account charge limit for use at the UNM Bookstore every spring and fall semester ($300 summer term).
- Find a computer that meets your needs. Check out the TechDen in the main campus Bookstore for a wide selection of Dell, Microsoft, and HP computers and tablets. We are also an authorized Apple reseller and stock the latest Apple products. UNM Students get special educational pricing with a valid Lobo ID.
UNM Championship Course + UNM North Golf Course
- Avid golfer or just starting out? No matter what level you are, UNM students can take advantage the lowest pricing we offer on greens fees.
- Make plans to visit the Lobo Grill at the UNM Championship clubhouse to enjoy the view of downtown Albuquerque. It’s a great place to relax or bring the parents for lunch when they visit.
Popejoy Presents + Broadway In New Mexico
- Popejoy Hall is New Mexico’s premier performing arts center, located on UNM’s Main Campus.
- UNM Students receive up to 50% off subscriptions and 40% off individual Popejoy Presents Tickets (while supplies last). Visit popejoypresents.com for a list of shows currently available at the discounted rate, or to view the full 2020-2021 Broadway in New Mexico Season, headlined by HAMILTON.